Friday, December 17, 2010

Birthday Celebrations, Thanksgiving, Snow, etc.

Nicholas' 7th birthday celebration at our house.
Susie, Sharon, and Nicholas enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner at Lorene's.

John with his mother on Thanksgiving Day


John and I with our 4 children and granddaughter on Thanksgiving

Abigail dresses up as a cat for "Animal Day" at school.

Luci's 1st professional portrait!

Luci enjoys the first snow fall of the winter on December 16th

And the angel said unto her, fear not, Mary: for thou has found favour with God. And, behold, thou shall conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son and shalt call his name JESUS. Luke 1: 30, 31

I can't believe I have not posted since Abigail's birthday. It has been an incredibly busy several months. Unfortunately, I have had to work more hours than normal (still not full-time but more hours than I want to) and I can really tell the difference in my free time when I work additional hours.

Since the last post, we have celebrated Nicholas' 7th birthday, Melissa's 28th birthday, Jeremy and Andy's birthdays and Thanksgiving. I was diagnosed with Shingles which knocked me off my feet for 3 days (literally). I don't know what I would do without Sharon. She kept Shane and Abigail for the 3 days that I stayed in the bed. I just don't know how other families do it without the support of their extended families. Shane and Abigail have both had schools plays also. I traveled to Las Vegas for a conference for work and Andy has had surgery. And we got our first snowfall for the Winter of 2010!

It is hard to believe that Christmas is just a week away. Thank God for family that is willing to shop for me as I have not bought one thing from a store yet. I have done some Internet shopping but that is the extent of it. We are doing well as the pictures will attest to! We are a blessed family and the Lord reminds me of it daily. It is truly an answered prayer to have John, Melissa and Luci home with us for the holidays. It is also an answered prayer that Lorene is still with us. So many prayers have been answered! She is one amazing woman and all 4 of my children love her deeply. I hope to post Christmas pictures soon as I do have several days off during Christmas.















1 comment:

Ashley said...

WOW I cannot believe how Abigail has grown! Merry Christmas! I enjoyed catching-up. Thankful you are over the shingles - my mother had shingles this year and it was terrible. I am so sorry.
Sending Hugs!
Ashley