

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her." Proverbs 31:28
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
My mother, Patricia "Pat" Ann Hall was born on February 9, 1943. She was the 8th child born to my grandparents. There was a total of 9 children. As of her death on June 2, 2008, she is survived by 2 sisters and 2 brothers. I watched my mother take care of both of her parents until they died. Even though she had a large family, she, alone, took care of her parents. She did this while babysitting my sister's two children full-time. My mother was a care giver by nature. She took care of everyone. I have several cousins who think of my mother as their mom and loved her more than the mother that gave birth to them.
She was ALWAYS there for our family no matter what the need. My first two children were not extremely close to her growing up because their paternal grandmother babysat them while I worked. However, as adults they became closer to her and both loved and respected her very much. I had a wonderful relationship with my mother. We did not argue even in the teenage years.
Shane grew to love his grandmother as she was his care giver for the days I worked. My mother made great sacrifices to take care of our children. She was so unselfish. I don't know how to fully make Shane understand that she is gone. He will tell you that she is in Heaven with Jesus but I am not sure if he understands.
Church family and friends rallied around us this past week and provided us love, support and mostly importantly, their prayers. My mother's memory was honored in a great way by the outpouring of love and the people that attended her wake and funeral. Pastor Lamb preached a wonderful funeral and it honored God greatly.
John Anthony, Faron, Aunt Chris, and others have returned to their homes in Idaho, Maryland and Texas. Tomorrow, life will resume as "normal" for most people. It will never by "normal" for me, my father and my siblings and our children, as we will have to spend the rest of our life on earth without her. The beautiful quilts, pillowcases and other items that she sewed will be with us forever. I regret that she didn't have the opportunity to make Abigail a quilt/blanket as Shane has several that she made him and as do my older boys.
Our family takes comfort in knowing that we will see her again one day in Heaven. We know that the Lord will give us the comfort and the courage that we need to face the coming days, months and years.

No comments:
Post a Comment